Awesomeness is seeking a Senior Accountant with a combination of public and private accounting experience for the Accounting department in our brand new building in Santa Monica. As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the overall review and support of parent company reporting, and controls compliance. This position requires you to be hands on and work directly with business leaders.
- Network (MCN) Revenue Recognition and analysis
- Sponsorship Revenue Recognition and analysis
- Licensing and Distribution Revenue Recognition and analysis
- Balance Sheet Consolidation and Management Reporting
- Cash Flow Reporting
- Ownership of specific Balance Sheet accounts, and related analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations and oversight of dept reconciliation process
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly corporate reporting schedules
- Review agreements/transactions for appropriate revenue recognition
- Assist with internal control documentation and accounting policies and procedures
- Manage and oversee control documentation submissions, and communication with parent company
- Participate in the monthly Close process and assist the Accounting & Finance team, with special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with minor in Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, public accounting and/or large company experience preferred
- Strong general ledger background (journal entries, accruals, account analysis/reconciliations)
- CPA, a plus
- Proficiency with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, if formulas)
- Must have strong financial and analytical skills, ability to communicate across all levels of organization and manage multiple projects/priorities
- Controls-based mindset
- Detail-orientated, self-motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to function well under pressure in fast-paced environment
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.