Awesomeness is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for the Finance department in Santa Monica. This role will report to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and VP of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Provide analytical support for revenue and project cost tracking, including working with production to provide finance support
- Analyze and report ultimates for tracked digital and film releases
- Assistance with development of short term annual budget, departmental quarterly forecasts, and ad hoc analysis
- Serve as a financial consultant by developing a deep understanding of business unit objectives and cost structure, and providing financial analysis to support key business decisions
- Build credibility and partnership model by providing financial intelligence, being responsive, solution oriented, communication and challenging business units appropriately
- Perform financial performance measurement in addition to financial analysis and reporting
- Ad hoc projects, including financial analysis and key assumption development for business cases / key initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA and / or MBA or equivalent a plus
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a financial function in corporate or audit/consulting required
- Experience in entertainment or production strongly preferred
- Must have strong financial and analytical skills, ability to communicate across the organization and manage multiple projects / priorities
- Solid experience and aptitude for Excel, Oracle, Vista, Intact, and financial modeling
- Process improvement and project management experience, a plus
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.