Awesomeness is seeking a Contracts Administrator to provide paralegal and some administrative support to our Business & Legal Affairs team. The ideal candidate is someone who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role will work out of our Santa Monica office and report into our EVP of Business & Legal Affairs.
This role is freelance with consistent week-to-week hours.
- Prepare contracts, amendments, notices, and other legal documents
- Prepare credit and restrictions statements and review credits
- Review and resolve any conflicting clearance, sales, pricing or rights issues prior to document distribution
- Track status of documents from beginning to fully-executed agreement
- Coordinate execution of approved documents, communicate and update status in system and distribute documents as required
- Coordinate and correspond cross-functionally throughout Awesomeness regarding contract administration issues.
- Maintain and administer legal contracts filing systems, and assists in monitoring dates of legal significance, such as options or expirations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- JD or Paralegal certificate preferred
- 2+ years of legal assistant or paralegal experience preferred
- Experience working in a production or digital media environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Must have strong written (including legal drafting) and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines as a top priority and adjust priorities as needed
- High level of integrity, discretion and professionalism in dealing with confidential documents
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.