DreamWorksTV is seeking a YouTube Channel Manager for our Santa Monica, CA office to help drive the continued growth and success of our digital platforms. The ideal candidate has a passion for digital content and entertainment.
As the YouTube Channel Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance and optimization of a number of YouTube and OTT channels spanning a wide array of content. These tasks will include: executing content upload schedules, editing, and transcoding videos, writing and editing metadata and copy for videos and channels, reading and moderating comments, and a general adherence to YouTube & other video platforms’ guidelines and best practices.
We’re looking for a team player with a positive and fun attitude toward work.
*This is a freelance position with flexible hours during the week and some weekends.
- Prepare videos for upload on YouTube and other OTT channels, including light editing such as:
- Adding endscreen burn-ins
- Adjusting audio
- Upload and service videos for publish on Youtube and OTT channels, including:
- Inputting correct metadata (titles, descriptions, credits, tags)
- Adding appropriate end screen elements to every upload
- Attaching relevant and on-brand thumbnails to every upload
- Managing monetization settings for all current and library uploads
- Manage all community interaction on YouTube channel including:
- Approving, deleting, and reporting comments in a timely manner so as to enhance the user experience and maintain a family-friendly community
- Responding to comments in on-brand voice
- Keeping track of trends within community interactions
- Create thumbnails for YouTube and OTT channels content using Photoshop to be approved by marketing team
- Create and maintain YouTube playlists for each series on the channel
- Manage DreamWorksTV channel homepage to ensure current and relevant content is being displayed
- Organize and archive all marketing assets such as thumbnails and channel art
- Must be ok with working on the weekends when necessary
- 1+ years of professional experience managing video content across multi-platforms
- Proficiency in video editing using Premiere and/or Final Cut
- Familiarity with the YouTube
- Ability to interact with internal departments using professional interpersonal skills, solutions-oriented approach
- Acute attention to detail
- Previous experience using Youtube CMS & other analytics tools
- Proficiency using Photoshop
- YouTube Certified
- Familiarity with Amazon Video platform a big plus!
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in successful YouTube-first kids entertainment brands, channels and creators
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.