Awesomeness is looking for a key team member of our Business & Legal Affairs department. The VP of Business & Legal Affairs will help ensure legal compliance and optimize our business objectives and goals across the multiple Awesomeness networks (AwesomenessTV, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, Awestruck). The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. He/She will also be excited to dive into Awesomeness's growing and evolving business with a smile and a love of free snacks and coffee. This role will report into our EVP of Business & Legal Affairs and will be located in our Santa Monica office.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a high volume of deals for the development and production of Awesomeness short form and long form projects (including production services agreements, talent agreements, development agreements, and license agreements)
- Advise and coordinate with creative executives, attorneys and others to identify and resolve business and legal issues and provide ongoing counsel, advice and support, with a focus on the production and development of programming.
- Partner with Awesomeness executives to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with evolving business
- Create and update forms
- Analyze and review rights and chain of title
- Maintain relationships with attorneys, agents, and other talent representatives
- Other matters at the direction of the EVP of Business & Legal Affairs
- 8+ years of experience in Legal and/or Business & Legal Affairs department role in house or at a firm
- Juris Doctor (JD) and active member of the California State Bar
- Proven, in depth knowledge and experience in drafting and negotiating television and/or digital media development and production agreements
- In house television and/or digital media experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of SAG, DGA, WGA, etc. rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, highly effective self-starter with strong track record of successful project execution and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple business units and their representatives; teamwork-oriented attitude.
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.