Senior Creative Executive
Awesomeness is in search of an experienced film development executive to join the team as Senior Creative Executive. This role is responsible for film development, sourcing theatrical content, and managing the film acquisition and creative production process of specific projects. This role is Los Angeles based and will report to the Head of Awesomeness Films.
• Oversee an active slate of development projects and maintain a pipeline of compelling, engaging and producible content
• Solicit appropriate development projects and evaluate new submissions
• Manage the pitch, acquisition and development process
• Daily collaboration with production management team on budget and scheduling
• Maintain an active industry database, developing strong relationships with the creative community – agents, writers, producers, talent, etc.
• Work closely with all Awesomeness departments including Marketing, Sales, Publicity, Casting, Production, Digital, Scheduling and Business and Legal Affairs
• Partner closely with the Head of Awesomeness Films to ensure the vision of all Awesomeness film content aligns with the company-wide goals - revenue and marketing objectives, as well as the mission and messaging of the brand
• Stay on the pulse of industry trends and maintain an active presence at relevant industry events in television and film
• Minimum 8 years of development experience in the film industry
• Minimum 3 years in creative executive capacity, specializing in film development
• Strong knowledge of film industry and digital streaming space
• Strong relationships with industry talent, agents, managers, writers and producers
• Experience in overseeing the pitch process for a production company and/or for a network or studio
• Good eye for talent and hands on experience giving notes to creators on outlines and scripts
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
Awesomeness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.