AwesomenessTV is searching for a problem solver with a blend of business and technical skills to conjure up all sorts of ways to make our products better. Software engineering is an ongoing pursuit of challenges that requires a keen eye for detail and organization. Any great team knows how important the role quality plays in retaining trust among their user base.
As a QA Engineer, you will work with the Engineering team at AwesomenessTV to maintain a high level of quality in the products that have made this company a game-changer in the media business. You will assess projects with the product team and develop strategic methodologies for assessing the health of the application throughout its lifecycle. This position reports directly to the Head of Engineering and will be based at AwesomenessTV’s headquarters in West Los Angeles, California.
- You will be the defender of our brand and awesome product reputation.
- Create and maintain User Acceptance Tests from Business Requirements.
- Create automated tests that cover the acceptance specifications and avoid regression.
- Manually run tests that cannot be automated.
- Devise proactive ways to catch edge-case bugs and cross-platform issues.
- Track bug status and work with product to determine priorities.
- Coordinate with developers and product stakeholders to greenlight deployments.
- Manage our testing software and devices.
- Manage customer support for our internal stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Automation experience with Selenium and/or similar browser testing framework.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately.
- You thrive on detail-oriented work and finding creative ways to proactively break our systems.
AwesomenessTV is a multi-platform media company. Included under the AwesomenessTV banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience; the ATV Network, a global creator community; Awesomeness Films; DreamWorksTV; Awestruck; and Big Frame. AwesomenessTV was founded by Brian Robbins (Smallville, Varsity Blues, All That) and Joe Davola (In Living Color, Smallville, MTV Networks). Investors include Comcast, Hearst and Verizon. Check out www.awesomenesstv.com.
- Expertise in network and network security technologies and tool sets.
- Knowledge and experience testing cross browser and operating system compatibility on web and mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of standard video streaming technologies and solutions.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.