AwesomenessTV is looking for an experienced Data Product Manager to enable a data-driven approach that powers business decisions and audience experiences. This role will serve as the product owner for proprietary products and data initiatives supporting Sales, Marketing, Audience Development, Distribution, and Finance.
- Define the vision and strategy for AwesomenessTV’s data platform
- Work closely with Data Science and Engineering to guide products from conception to launch
- Identify key needs and perform gap analyses to assess new ideas
- Gather requirements and define specifications
- Write clear user stories and manage the data IPM
- Manage stakeholder communications and relationships
- Create bug reports and manage QA in collaboration with engineering
- Develop and execute rollout plans for product success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics)
- 3+ years of product management with experience owning data initiatives
- Great communicator and collaborator, with an ability to say “No” when required
- Able to work across disciplines including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, BI
- Strong project management skills, favoring lean and agile software methodologies
- A self-starter, working well with little oversight, driven by outcomes and problems solved
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and architecture
- Can interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to drive actions
- Experience with analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel), business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau), database languages (e.g. SQL), and programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience working with third party APIs (e.g. Facebook, YouTube)
- Experience with hypothesis driven development
AwesomenessTV is a multi-platform media company. Included under the AwesomenessTV banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience; the ATV Network, a global creator community; Awesomeness Films; DreamWorksTV; Awestruck; and Big Frame. AwesomenessTV was founded by Brian Robbins (Smallville, Varsity Blues, All That) and Joe Davola (In Living Color, Smallville, MTV Networks). Investors include Comcast, Hearst and Verizon. Check out www.awesomenesstv.com.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.