AwesomenessTV is seeking a Director of Tax for our offices in West Los Angeles. This director role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will be responsible for ATV tax operating functions, including domestic and international filings, tax research, audit support among other tasks. This role will work closely with other leadership within the accounting department, as well as our investors.
- Responsible for all coordination of 3rd parties or preparation of tax compliance at the local, state and Federal level for domestic and international
- Advise the CFO/CAO and Business Affairs/Legal on legal entity setup and maintenance for on-going business
- Provide some basic level strategy concepts for legal operating structures to minimize tax liability
- Provide some basic level of strategic tax insight to CFO on assessing M&A transactions and leverage outside tax consultants
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all requisite tax filings, Federal, State and local
- Serve as tax subject matter expert - research applicable international, federal, State and local tax law and related code, providing tax guidance to ATV Accounting management on all tax related issues
- Effectively manage and prioritize tax tasks, meeting all deadlines
- Serve as tax point person to ATV tax service provider and external auditors
- Develop and manage ATV tax reporting calendar
- CPA and prior tax experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, MBT a plus
- 6+ years related experience including multi-national, multi-state entity filings
- Experience in digital and media industry and good understanding of film/television production.
- Prior tax experience with public and private companies
- Strong systems skills - proficiency in MS Office skills including Word, Excel and tax compliance software
- Self-starter with superior organizational, documentation and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in both independent work and team work environments
- Experience with media companies preferred
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.