Awesomeness is a global entertainment brand for the Gen Z audience. Publishing across mobile and streaming services, social platforms and broadcast networks, Awesomeness has built a large global audience with original series and influential content creators.
As a Data Architect, you will lead the efforts of the Data Engineering team to design solutions that drive content decisions and fuel the next generation of content distribution. This position reports directly to the Head of Engineering and will be based at Awesomeness’s headquarters in West Los Angeles, California.
- Create scalable data warehouse architectures, complete with archival and restore procedures.
- Document schema designs, relationships and processes using industry standards.
- Be accountable for backups, uptime, logging, performance, alerts, and testing.
- Identify areas for improvement and work with product manager to prioritize tech debt.
- Create processes and tools for data-verification and testing releases.
- Mentor other members of the data and software engineering team in aspects of your field.
- Participate in scrum process and work with the product manager to define requirements.
- Work with the Head of Engineering to select technologies, determine standards, plan upgrades, deployments, and define processes.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in Computer Science, Math, Stats or similar preferred
- 5-8 years experience as DBA, Data Engineer, Backend Engineer, or DevOps Engineer
- Expert knowledge of Relational and KV Databases and structures ( MySql, PostGres, Redshift, Mongo, DynamoDB, Redis )
- Experience using queuing technologies ( RabbitMQ, SQS )
- Expertise in writing automated tests.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately.
- You thrive on detail-oriented work and finding cost-effective, performant ways to store and protect our data.
Nice to have:
- Experience with R, Scala, or related data-science languages and libraries
- Expertise in network and network security technologies and tool sets.
- Knowledge of standard video streaming technologies and solutions.
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.