Awesomeness is seeking a Vice President of Information Technology (IT) to lead and manage the IT department while developing a long-term vision that supports stability and growth. The VP of IT will provide strategic guidance in planning new information technology objectives and drive continuous improvement, ensuring a secure environment and excellent IT service for employees.
· Lead all aspects of IT at Awesomeness
· Manage and mentor the team, including staff based in Los Angeles and New York; coordinate with IT service providers in the UK, Singapore and other International offices
· Set department goals and propose strategic initiatives in pursuit of company objectives
· Develop and implement IT policies, standards, and operating procedures that establish efficiencies and controls
· Manage operating and capital budget plans and controls for organizational IT spend
· Gather strategic and operational requirements for new software systems, infrastructure and related facilities; apply requirements to RFPs and new systems evaluations
· Communicate business requirements to IT staff and direct the implementation and management of cost effective and creative technologies, processes and solutions
· Lead IT security, governance, and risk management initiatives; communicate successes, concerns, and considerations to executive leadership
· Keep current on emerging trends in IT and communicate throughout the Tech department
· Demonstrated success leading IT teams in rapidly changing environments
· Proven ability to gather and translate user and business requirements into RFPs and vendor evaluation processes (e.g. selecting a new video conferencing system)
· Familiarity with information security topics, best practices and tools
· Very strong project/program management skills
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple IT disciplines, including Applications, Infrastructure, Networking, Help Desk and Security teams
· Demonstrated experience and success leading complex projects with a proven track record of managing and controlling vendor risk
· Proven ability to secure executive support for new initiatives and create positive cross functional relationships
· Excellent communication skills required
· Experience in media/entertainment and with video production equipment and workflows a huge plus
· Experience opening new office locations, in the US and Internationally, a plus
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.