Awesomeness is looking for a Senior Vice President of Scripted Series Development. This amazing person will take the lead in the process to acquire creative content for Awesomeness brands, including AwesomenessTV, Awestruck and DreamWorksTV. This role will report into our Head of Scripted Series.
- Develop slate of scripted series for Awesomeness
- Identify content that aligns with Awesomeness’s creative vision
- Guide continued growth of scripted series
- Solicits new material and reviews submitted scripts
- Execute and refine content development strategy for scripted series
- Work cross-functionally with departments like Business & Legal Affairs to manage vendor/outside production company contracts
- Guide show creators through script draft and production process
- Handle negotiation factors to acquire content
- Collaborate with Production, Post-Production and Marketing to see projects through to completion
- Assists in the management of pre-production stages, such as budgets and casting
- Guide approval process with executives for new content
- Attends festivals and other events to help scout for creative talent and content
- Build and foster relationships with the creative community to stay on top of latest trends, talent, etc.
- Help develop process and best practices for the Development team
- Manage and mentor direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Television Production or related field desired
- 7+ years of experience in scripted content development
- Experience in team management
- Has substantial creative contacts and relationships
- Extensive industry knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Deep knowledge of and passion for target demographics
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Great problem solver and decision maker
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.