AwesomenessTV is seeking a Freelance Editorial Graphic Designer for the Editorial department in West Los Angeles. AwesomenessTV recently launched a new Editorial and News division and is looking for a graphic designer to help bring stories to life on the website and all social media channels.
This role is geared toward a driven, hands-on, digitally savvy designer who is comfortable delivering rapid news assets as well as staying abreast of latest social media packaging trends. The ideal candidate will have great experience with motion graphics and editorial-industry design.
This is a freelance role.
To express interest in this opportunity, submit a portfolio link, resume, and cover letter.
- Create and manipulate graphic elements (photos, logos, themes, etc.) for editorial use
- Design decks, as needed, for editorial research presentations using Keynote
- Create graphics and images for social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
- Quickly execute fresh, fun, and creative graphics for these social platforms
- Attend daily Editorial team meetings and pitch ideas
- Must be an expert in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and be comfortable working with GIFs and animated assets
- Strong portfolio of visual design, preferably with digital and social media
- At least 2-4 years of work experience
- Experience with content creation for social platforms, including GIFs and animated assets
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work within an editorial team
- Flexibility to shift priorities quickly, execute, and refine creative in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to tackle projects in a variety of media
- Ability to create and/or manipulate graphic elements (photos, logos, themes, etc.) for editorial use
- Experience with Keynote and presentation design is a plus
- Must be open to receiving notes on projects and be willing to follow creative direction
- Ability to deliver high-quality work in a timely manner
- Has a sense of urgency and takes pride in all work produced
- Must be able to work (occasional) late nights and weekends when needed for breaking news projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Design preferred
- Experience working with an editorial team is a plus
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.