Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
Reporting to the President, the Chief Financial Officer will be the key executive with responsibility over the organization’s financial functions and will serve as an integral business partner in developing and driving the company’s financial vision and direction. The CFO will be an advisor and partner to the President and CEO on all financial, capital, and business issues. He or she will also ensure that financial best practices are implemented and maintained to support the continued growth of Awesomeness. The CFO will also partner with the executive team to establish and develop current and long-range objectives, business growth, and profitability strategies for Awesomeness.
The areas of responsibility for the CFO include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the President and CEO in overall management and direction of the company from a financial perspective including the development and implementation of company strategies, operational goals, and policies
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic financial objectives aligned with the strategic growth plan of the organization.
- Actively support and advise senior management and members of the finance organization in the short and long-term performance of the company
- Supervise and oversee all financial and operational aspects of the production finance function
- Direct the development and preparation of short and long-term profit plans for each business segment within the company with a comprehensive strategy around each division’s growth potential
- Exhibit a tenacious commitment to continual improvement; work to ambitiously drive change as needed while also seeking to create buy-in and build consensus amongst internal stakeholders.
- Work with Legal and Business Affairs, Labor Relations, HR, Production Operations and Financial Departments to effectively manage the financial operations, including cash flow projections, and cost reporting for assigned productions.
- Direct the Production Finance team on the supervision of the production accountants and assistants, coordination of show budgeting process with accountants, and production accounting process from prep until turnover to production wrap accounting.
- Oversee the Corporate Accounting sector of Awesomeness, which includes cash flow statements, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc., with direct oversite of the Vice President of Accounting
- Supervision of the Financial Planning & Analysis department in order to better make informed, strategic financial decisions; will directly supervise the Head of FP&A
- Effectively recruit, develop, manage, motivate, and retain a high quality and diverse financial organization
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in financial management and leadership, preferably in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization that has grown from start-up to mature state.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and joint venture business negotiating, structuring, reporting, and integration
- The successful candidate will have superior strategic skills and an ability to move quickly to seize opportunities in a rapidly changing media landscape.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to recruit, develop, and retain a high performing financial organization and effectively deal with strong personalities
- Must have a flexible, creative approach to the business and is able to modify his or her experience and knowledge base and adapt them to the organization
- Ability to work with senior executives as well as analysts to move the priorities of the organization forward and serve as a mentor leader.
- Strong performance accountability orientation in terms of following through on commitments and deadlines for him or herself and for the finance organization
- Must demonstrate integrity, excellent judgment and business acumen, and the ability to play a significant executive role in the business and provide thoughtful, strategic insight to senior leadership at Awesomeness l and translate into successful business strategies
- Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team; excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required with an advanced degree (MBA, equivalent) ideal
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.