As a Software Engineer, you will create Ruby on Rails applications that support internal operations and external distribution. You will implement UI with the support of product and design. Your role will encompass the full-stack, approximately 30% Frontend Engineer and 70% Backend Engineer. This position will be based at Awesomeness headquarters in West Los Angeles, California.
- Create Ruby and Python applications and work with Product to define requirements.
- Create beautiful UI Components with tested, repeatable architectures.
- Document infrastructure designs, relationships and processes using industry standards.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest technologies and stay involved in the software community.
- Participate in scrum process and work with Product Managers to define requirements.
- Work with the Head of Engineering and Engineering Manager to select technologies, determine standards, plan upgrades, deployments, and define processes.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in Computer Science or comparable experience preferred.
- 3+ years experience as Software Engineer with FE and BE experience.
- Experience using React, Vue, Angular 2 or other component based libraries/frameworks.
- Understanding of responsive design principles and modern styling best-practices.
- Advanced application programming experience with Python or Ruby.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Very comfortable on the linux command-line.
- Significant knowledge of Relational and KV Databases and structures ( MySql, PostGres, Redshift, Mongo, DynamoDB, Redis ).
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You enjoy working with others and are able to work effectively in a team.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately.
- You thrive on detail-oriented work and finding cost-effective, performant ways to store and protect our data.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Rspec or similar unit testing libraries
- DevOps or other Automation experience
- Redux or other front end state management libraries
Awesomeness is a leading multi-platform media company defining the future of entertainment. Included under the Awesomeness banner are AwesomenessTV, a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, Awesomeness Films, DreamWorksTV, and Awestruck. Investors include Comcast NBCUniversal, Verizon and Hearst.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.